The Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class aeromedical, search and rescue services to those in need 24/7. The Service has more than 40 years of proud history, and now operates from three bases in NSW (Tamworth, Belmont, Lismore) in addition to a Head Office and deep level maintenance facility based in Broadmeadow NSW.
We are currently looking to recruit a dual trade B1/B2 Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME) to join our Engineering team. Based in Lismore, NSW this person may be required to travel to other bases from time to time to support the operational requirements of the Service. Reporting to the Senior Base Engineer, the dual trade LAME will hold qualifications associated with both engine/airframe and avionics systems.
- Perform maintenance activities including major aircraft inspections, repairs and overhauls in accordance with approved company, manufacturer and airworthiness authority manuals.
- Conduct hybrid trouble shooting and address recurrent technical problems.
- Ensure that all maintenance and defect rectification is carried out to the relevant design and quality standards.
- Effectively plan work activities in accordance with identified tasks and time frames.
- Complete documentation in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with company requirements.
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders and maintain a positive working environment through a commitment to the Service’s values of compassion, unity, accountability and integrity.
- Demonstrate and promote a positive and proactive attitude toward safety, quality and environmental standards.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Aircraft Engineer Trade Qualifications (or equivalent).
- CASR Part 66 Licences with B1/B2 AW139 type rating.
- Solid LAME experience within the aviation industry.
- Proven attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Intermediate computer skills. (including Air Maestro, PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills)
- Current drivers licence.
Whilst not essential, demonstrated experience working within an EMS environment will be highly regarded.
This is a 7:7 rostered position with an expectation that the successful candidate be on call and within 1 hour of the base during their rostered 7 days on.
To express your interest in this unique position, click ‘apply’ to submit your cover letter and resume addressing the above selection criteria. Applications close 7 January 2021.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.