The Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class aeromedical search and rescue services to those in need 24/7. The Service has more than 40 years of proud history and operates from three bases in NSW (Tamworth, Belmont, Lismore) in addition to a Head Office based in Broadmeadow NSW.
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic Op Shop Coordinator to join our Fundraising and Marketing team. Reporting to the Regional Partnerships Manager, the Op Shop Coordinator is responsible for the effective management of the Service’s network of Retail Op Shops to safely and effectively generate positive community engagement. Through strong people leadership and business management the role will drive, inspire and motivate Op Shop Volunteers to deliver excellent customer service, effective merchandise management and community engagement. This role is responsible for creating a culture of best practice volunteer management.
Preferably working 4 days per week, but will consider full time hours for the right candidate, a key requirement of this role will be the need to regularly travel throughout Northern NSW including Lismore, South Grafton, Coffs Harbour, Ballina, Yamba, Casino and Tenterfield.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Demonstrate and promote a positive and proactive approach to safety at all times.
- Oversee all aspects of Op Shop coordination including stock management, pricing, merchandise supplies and facilities.
- Lead and coordinate a team of Op Shop Volunteers to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Participate in recruitment and on-boarding activities relating to Op Shop Volunteers.
- Contribute to the review, update and implementation of Op Shop processes and procedures.
- Oversee Op Shop operational requirements including safety, stock, facilities, pricing and advertising.
- Actively participate in community/sponsor events and networking functions.
- Develop and monitor Op Shop budgets in conjunction with the Finance team.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- A solid background in retail management across all areas including safety, pricing, rostering, stock and facilities management.
- Sound experience leading, coordinating and coaching people to meet plans and objectives. Volunteer management experience will be an advantage.
- Sound financial acumen.
- A current drivers license.
- It is desirable that you have tertiary qualifications in management or business related degree.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic can do attitude together with:
- An alignment with the Service’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- A professional and efficient customer service approach.
- A proactive and systematic approach to planning, organisation and time management.
- Well-developed communication and relationship management skills.
- Intermediate computer skills including the suite of MS Office packages.
Should you have any questions regarding the role, please contact email@example.com.
To express your interest for this rewarding position please click ‘Apply Now’ submitting your resume and covering letter detailing your relevant experience and addressing the above criteria. Applications close Friday 7 January 2021.