||The Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class aeromedical, search and rescue services to those in need 24/7. The Service has more than 40 years of proud history, and now operates from three bases in NSW (Tamworth, Belmont, Lismore) in addition to a Head Office and aircraft maintenance facility based in Broadmeadow, NSW.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Volunteer Coordinator to effectively manage and support our valued volunteers, support groups and community fundraisers to ensure continued community engagement and support for the Service. This is full time, maternity relief position for a fixed term of approximately 14 months.
Specifically, this role will:
- Coordinate support group activities within the Service’s Volunteer policies and procedures. Activities include such things as support group committee meetings, establishment of support group plans, oversight of fundraising events, promotional activities and raffles.
- Oversee the region’s community fundraising activities including revenue and budget, innovative fundraising opportunities, community relationships and events management.
- AW139 qualifications and/or experience would be highly regarded but not essential
- Demonstrated experience working in an EMS environment would be preferable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Air Maestro, PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills.
- Provide education, coaching, recognition and support to volunteers to ensure that all support group activities are effectively managed to promote positive community engagement.
- Recruit and onboard new volunteers as required.
- Attend support group meetings and events.
- Ensure volunteer and support group activities finances are administered in accordance with Company procedures. This includes setting, monitoring and reporting on support group budgets in conjunction with the Regional Marketing Manager.
- Provide leadership to other events and community liaison staff across the Hunter Region.
- Promote and facilitate a strong safety culture amongst team members and Volunteers, ensuring that a safe work environment is provided at all times.
This role is based in Broadmeadow, NSW however will require travel across the Hunter region and will also involve weekend and after hours work.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal and people leadership skills.
- A sound knowledge of our organisation and its fundraising needs and be able to articulate this clearly to volunteers and stakeholders.
- Experience in successfully managing volunteers for events, fundraising activities and raffles.
- A proactive approach to planning including the ability to effectively prioritise and manage a range of activities across varied support groups.
- A positive and resilient attitude with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve challenging situations.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound administrative skills – computer literacy and accounts skills.
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate and manage events.
To express your interest in this exciting role, please click Apply Now to submit your cover letter and current resume by COB 23 February 2020.
Please note that only those applications received via seek.com will be considered for this role, however should you require any additional information, please feel free to contact Debbie O’Grady, HR Business Partner on (02) 49 520000.