The Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class aeromedical, search and rescue services, to those in need 24/7. The Service has more than 40 years of proud history, and now operates from three bases in NSW (Tamworth, Belmont, Lismore) in addition to a Head Office and deep level maintenance facility based in Broadmeadow NSW.
We are seeking a Legal Officer to provide support to our General Counsel/Company Secretary during 2020 due to a number of key organisational priorities and initiatives. This position is part-time fixed term up until December 2020. We are flexible in relation to the hours and days of work and will discuss this further with interested candidates. We are looking for someone to work up to 22.8 hours per week.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Review and drafting of a range of contracts and other legal documentation.
- Provide advice to internal stakeholders on legal and regulatory issues related to the business.
- Coordinate the maintenance and review of the Risk Management Framework.
- Develop, implement and maintain registers including Compliance Register and Contracts Register.
- Assist in the development of legal policies, procedures and staff training programs.
- Monitor changes and development in the legal and regulatory environment.
- Provide support to the General Counsel/Company Secretary on legal matters and projects.
To succeed in this role you will have at least 3 years post-graduate legal experience. You will have strong contracts experience coupled with drafting and written communication skills. You will have the ability to provide commercially focused legal support in a timely and accurate fashion. In addition you will have organisational skills to manage competing priorities and timeframes. Previous experience in not for profit, aviation, risk management and/or bequests would be an advantage.
To express your interest for this position please click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your resume and covering letter.
Applications close Monday 6th January 2020. Should you require additional information please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.